The Director of Major Gifts (DMG) will establish collaborative and productive relationships with the Executive Director and Chairman, and become knowledgeable regarding CCRCF priorities, programs, events, etc. in order to advance the interests of the CCRCF and more fully engage prospects.
Primary duties include establishing and managing effective relationships with major donor prospects and existing major donors. In collaboration with the Executive Director and the Foundation Chair, the DMG will plan and implement major gift strategies in support of the priorities of CCRCF using operating/work plans and stewardship plans; identify and qualify potential major donors; design and implement successful cultivation and solicitation strategies. The DMG will solicit prospects and identify and motivate prospects who can advance the development function at CCRCF.
The DMG is expected to conduct 14 prospect visits per month and manage a portfolio of 125 prospects per year. The DMG will assume stewardship responsibilities for assigned prospects. Expected to work with individuals with gift capacity of $100,000 or greater. The DMG will report to the Executive Director and engage with the Board of Directors to achieve and expand organizational fundraising.
Responsibilities Broken Down by % of Time
(Subject to change with organizational direction and growth)
Development – 70%
- Continuously tracking and reporting prospect communications, meetings, and movements
- Ensure donor engagement records and systems are consistently kept up-to-date and accurate
- Research current and prospective donors to coordinate organization’s effort to raise annual and long-term revenue goals
- Personally solicit gifts and grants from foundations, corporations, community organizations and selected individuals and respond to donor concerns and requests
- Create, implement and manage stewardship initiatives (e.g. regular phone calls, thank-you mailings, donor recognition activities, board thank-you notes, etc.)
- Analyze demographic and statistical donor data to implement strategies for
identifying, cultivating, and engaging prospective donors, including moves management
- Synthesize and analyze revenue data to assess the organization’s progress-to-
goal; collaborate to strategize and implement key actions to push progress to goals
- Partner with the Executive Director to develop the pathways for future growth and strategies
- Initiate, maintain and secure major donor meetings – working closely with Executive Director and Board of Directors to secure long-term major donor support
- Provide concise and accurate fund development and communications reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors, as requested, self-identified and directed
Corporate Partnerships and Grant Management – 15%
- Research, write, submit, track, and report on all grants (until a grant writer position is created)
- Track foundation and corporate donor conversations
- Cultivate and maintain communications and interfacing with major donors and prospects
- Develop strategy for regular communications with grant prospects and donors
- Identify opportunities to strengthen corporate and grant funder partnerships
Communications – 15%
- Create reports and document trends for the leadership team to evaluate grants and corporate philanthropy
- Lead initiatives with materials to ensure consistent messaging, including monthly newsletters, donor appeals, etc.
- Identify opportunities to acknowledge foundations and corporate partners
- Minimum BS / BA degree; a master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. business administration, nonprofit management) preferred
- A track record of successfully soliciting and closing gifts, preferably in the amount of $25,000+
- Understanding and interest in fund development and nonprofit funding trends
- Exceptional organizational skills and dedication to detail, with experience managing multiple deadlines and complex assignments
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; effectively presents information and promptly responds to inquiries from prospective supporters, partners, and other external stakeholders
- Ability to critically identify system inefficiencies, anticipate challenges and gaps, and contingency plan accordingly
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Desire and ability to learn new tools and technologies needed to maximize efficiency and quality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional experience: 5 years (Required)
- Nonprofit Fundraising/Development experience: 3-5 years (Required)
- Experience with planning and executing high-level fundraising events is preferred
- Experience with various marketing platforms and software, including Constant Contact, WordPress, Canva strongly preferred
- Computer proficiency, including e-mail and MS Office, required; experience with CRMs such as Salesforce and HubSpot strongly preferred
- Experience with grant writing is highly preferred
- West Conshohocken, PA (Required)
- A premiere public park and nationally recognized public golf club located in Philadelphia.
- Recently established Non-Profit Foundation focused on Urban Environmental Sustainability, Education and Economic transformation.
- Strong financial condition.
- Strong Board Leaders and Executive Leadership Council.
- Project Manager who defines and demonstrates a transformational management and leadership style, and promotes a culture that results in stakeholder satisfaction, community and employee engagement while consistently meeting the annual and long-range financial and strategic goals of the Foundation.
At the Cobbs Creek Foundation, the Project Manager will excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our foundation relies on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management.
- On time
- On/below budget
- Delivery of the quality we desire
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to the foundation. The PM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The PM may play a number of different roles in actual practice:
- At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level projects consisting of multiple teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the teams.
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team.
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints.
- In performing these roles, the PM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support – Support the Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 30 to 70 team members including Engineers, Developers, Architects, and Construction Personnel.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing a comprehensive plan and development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in an urban restoration development environment with multi-function teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Prior experience with Construction methodologies with enterprise-level development projects.
- Project Management tools such as MS Project, Excel, Jira, Rational Team Concert or similar.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and construction individuals at all levels including the executive level.
-Review our current project plan with operator
-Edit/finalize project plan with operator
-Review all work done by current vendors with operator team
-Submit a weekly report with quantitative data v just qualitative
- Lead consulting phase
-Market Evaluation and Analysis
-Complete the community engagement plan
-Community Access plan
-All requirements of the city
- Lead construction phase (part 1)
-Golf Course Architect Oversight
-Golf Course Contractor Evaluation and Contractor Bid Preparation
-Clubhouse/building Design and Layout
- Lead construction phase (part 2)
-Assist and mange the hiring of a Superintendent
-Assist and mange the hiring of a General Manager
-Furniture and Interior design
- Close construction phase
-Financing of Equipment
-Food Service Equipment
-Establishment of Food and Beverage
-Establishment of vendor accounts
Lead the project with a level of excellence consistent with the magnitude of its importance in our community.
Work with the operator team of experts by discipline, assist in hiring and managing local partners, and partner with the foundation in a timely and concise manner.
- Financially Responsible for Project:
Job cost report and budget management, change orders, approving vendor payments, purchase orders, reviewing and vetting proposals, providing financial summaries to customer, customer billing and collecting payments and bidding.
Oversight of project schedule, communicating customer selections to the field in a timely manner and communicating schedule to customer.
- Customer Experience:
Plan development from preconstruction to completion, weekly customer updates, monthly financial updates, customer selections, customer walks, all communication, problem solving and forward thinking and providing an exceptional and enjoyable customer experience.
- Delivering and executing the Cobbs Creek Mission.
- Reviews construction drawings.
- Oversees the purchase order process.
- Assists in making schedules for jobs.
- Oversees the monthly billing and request for information submittals.
- Ensures each job is closed out when completed.
- Meets with customers and designers at job site.
- Oversees the permitting process.
- Responsible for job cost, profitability and reports.
- Manages change orders for customers and subcontractors.
- Works with customers throughout all phases of the job and acts as customer liaison.
- Ensures punch list is completed.
- Ensures quality control is being followed.
- Returns new customer phone calls within 24 business hours.
- Schedules prompt and convenient estimate appointments for customers.
- Delivers estimate package to customer.
- Inspects completed job and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Employs customer code of ethics.
- Collects payment for each job in accordance with contract and company policies.
- Responsible for all customer meetings at job site.
- Organizes all files related to the project via box system or similar platform.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Project Manager must be an excellent communicator, in both written and oral form. This includes proficiency in spelling, grammar, and punctuation. This also includes being able to take a large amount of information and summarize it quickly both in writing and orally on a regular basis. You must also be able to track communication (and be very responsive) across multiple channels without losing any details. Those channels could include in-person meetings, virtual video calls, text messages and/or emails.
High Level of Discretion:
Since our Project Manager will regularly work with confidential information, discretion and sensitivity regarding financial information is a must. They’ll need to be able to collaborate and communicate well with these team members, maintaining a can-do spirit.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project or similar software, as well as Google Docs, and Box.
8+ years in market, golf course, buildings and creek project management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
- PMI-ACP or equivalent
- Masters degree, BS or BA
- West Conshohocken and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- To be determined
- Whatever it takes.
The Cobbs Creek Restoration and Community Foundation (CCRCF) is looking to hire a Director of Operations (DO) to coordinate day-to-day operations of the organization and assist with business development tasks. The DO will be a key member of the Foundation team and serves as the coordinator on all activities that impact the strategic and operational direction of the Foundation. The DO will position the Foundation for long-term growth by working with the Executive Team to calculate the financial consequences of partnerships and opportunities. The DO must report on innovative business procedures, minimize risk, improve operational efficiencies, and support financial coordination. He/she will collaborate with the Executive Team in the overall administration coordination of the Foundation.
Responsibilities Broken Down by % of Time
(Subject to change with organizational direction and growth)
Office Management – 25%
- Coordinates all administrative functions ensuring smooth daily operations of office and equipment as well as smooth daily operations of office procedures (report production, expenses, tax return processing, audit, letters and correspondence, etc.)
- Manages all Foundation matters related to the office space
Coordination – 20%
- Provides administrative support to the strategic planning process, stimulates new ideas, evaluates the financial impact of business opportunities, and monitors project activities
- Organizational reporting and monitoring – with the guidance of Executive Team, develops and maintains an appropriate metrics reporting process for critical operational activities
- Communicates objectives and works with the Executive Team to translate objectives into meaningful goals / outcomes for each committee
- Works with Executive Leadership to support marketing and communications initiatives including monthly newsletters, donor appeals, etc.
Policies and Procedures – 15%
- Uses his/her operational expertise to evaluate business factors and identifies opportunities to improve internal systems and procedures
- Proposes new and effective ways of doing business and new service lines
- Develops annual business plans for each department and an operational plan for achieving these goals. Continually monitors progress through review of financials, works with Executive Team to explain variances, and keeps leadership informed of financial concerns
Financial Coordination – 10%
- Coordinates financial operations of the Foundation
- Coordinates internal business policies, workflows, and accounting processes
- Provides information needed to assist Executives in decision making
- Supports annual budgeting process and monitors actual performance in comparison to the budget
- Ensures that relevant financial data necessary to make decisions is presented to appropriate members of management
Human Capital – 10%
- Coordinates communication and operations for vendor partners, as needed
- Oversees the tracking of new volunteer development and training
- Conducts new volunteer orientation
Growth Planning – 10%
- Supports Business Development efforts
- Develops a general business model to project the financial viability of each opportunity based on information provided from various sources
- Coordinates the due diligence phase for each activity
- Works with the other team members on integration
Risk Management – 10%
- Coordinate risk management and legal activities, agreements, contracts, leases and other legal documents and agreements
- Business insurance: coordinate procurement, monitoring and management
- Information technology – coordinate IT to ensure the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software and telecommunications systems
- Minimum BS / BA degree with at least 5 years of experience and a track record in supporting senior management responsibilities. Preferably three years in customer service
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to be coached and lead activities, work in a high-performance team and implement organizational strategies
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Analytical and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to Executive Team the key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals effectively and efficiently
- Past experiences coordinating human resources function including payroll, benefits, personnel and recruiting
- Unwavering commitment to quality, excellence and data-driven organizational evaluation
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative in approaches to operational management
- Customer Service Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Operations management: 5 years (Required)
- West Conshohocken, PA (Required)
This role will perform grant writing, grant management and grant support functions to maximize essential support from external sponsors for research, training and programmatic initiatives.
This role will also provide support to a team of interdisciplinary members, including serving as support staff on grant proposals, facilitating team communication, organizing the submission process, and providing writing, editing, project planning and budget development support for grant proposals.
Facilitation and organization of grant submissions (30%)
Act as the point person throughout the proposal preparation process to organize meetings / conference calls and communicate information including to / from research teams, sponsors/funders, the sponsored projects office, and business managers.
Read and understand proposal requirements and develop plan for proposal completion including systematically collecting components, determining timelines, and creating/maintaining collaborative workspaces.
Ensure all submissions are complete including compile components and oversee document upload, sign-off, copying, collating, and mailing.
Collaborate with sponsored projects office to ensure completed submissions.
Provide support to the strategy team (30%)
Identify new funding opportunities
Support Leadership Team and Strategy Director with foundation and funder prospecting
Support with pitches and funding requests to corporate and foundation funders as needed
Create templates for commonly used grant components
Maintain database of funded grants for access by foundation team
Support with scheduling, planning and preparation of portfolio and strategy department meetings
Coordinate and support strategy department related projects and initiatives
Other duties as assigned
Grant Writing (30%)
Write all grant sections, including facilities and resource descriptions, programs, project management, organizational capabilities, budget justifications, letters of support, etc.
Complete enrollment tables and compile appendices.
Compile sections written by team members (including sub-sites), ensure uniform document formatting, and oversee review / editing of final document by team.
Grant Budgeting (10%)
Communicate with team to determine project needs. Gather personnel costs and contact other internal and external sources and vendors as needed to determine other project costs. If applicable, work with purchasing office and financial management team to determine costs.
Develop preliminary budget and work with manager to formalize and place in correct format.
Work with project team to revise as needed per grant funding limits.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Required Experience: Experience working with grants, contracts and subcontracts
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Experience: Experience working in an academic, research institute or similar setting
Additional Technical Requirements
- Intermediate proficiency with office software (Microsoft Office)
- Intermediate proficiency with citation management platforms (End Note)
- Intermediate knowledge of key practices, regulations, policies and procedures related to grants and/or contracts
- Basic knowledge of grant budgeting practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision