The Foundation is incorporated to conduct exclusively charitable and/or educational activities within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, or the corresponding provisions of any future United States Internal Revenue Law. Subject to and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Corporation is empowered to:
- Rehabilitate, restore and maintain Cobbs Creek waterway, create approximately 40 acres of new wetland and rehabilitate, restore and maintain the historic routing of the Cobbs Creek golf course;
- Promote the education and development of youth through programming and scholarship opportunities;
- Celebrate and preserve the history of African American golfing at Cobbs Creek, locally and nationally;
- Make charitable donations and other charitable transfers that promote charitable and/or educational activities; and,
- Celebrate the history of golf in Philadelphia and Philadelphia’s contribution to golf architecture in Philadelphia and the United States.
CCRCF is a small non-profit organization of committed individuals focused on improving the lives of young people in our community and restoring, protecting and maintaining the environment as a steward of the Fairmount Park system.
Like any small organization, we are always looking for additional support and volunteers in several professional service areas including, Development Specialists, Marketing Support, Accounting, Graphic Artist, Legal Support, and Consulting.
Think you can help? Please complete the form on this page.